Cutting edge looping technique, etc.

>People bursting with creative expansion need many new
>things to get them to new places. Huge, exciting challenges and
>possibilities lie there, and that's what's likely to continue to push us.

I'd love to hear about the cutting edge looping being done in the dance
world, but all I've heard about is synchronized sampling and using a lot
of effects.  I don't see the dance world as having made much more forward
progress than the guitar/ambient camp, which is just fine by me, as long
as the outcome is interesting.  The ability to trigger recorded and
treated pieces of audio has been in place for over a decade, it's just
cheaper and easier now, but the basic process seems the same.
Dance wizards, please enlighten me.

And as far as the "forefront of looping", I have to take my hat off to
the Arkane Device guy.  The description of the setup is some severely
tripped-out damage.  I MUST find some of that to listen to.

Travis Hartnett