Re:

At 14:37 -0500 2/6/98, John Price wrote:
> There has to be a more hands on way to build non rhythmic samples and
>static-non-pre - looped preset tones into full blown grooves that are
>triggered all live and in real time with perfect synchronization from
>scratch.

Have you checked out some of the more real-time things you can do with a
MIDI sequencer?  Some programs have a loop record mode where you can add
notes while the loop plays, and have them play back quantized if that's
what you want.  Some are good at triggering entire sequences as layers,
synchronized to sequences already playing.  I work for Opcode and so my
myopia is towards Vision. (www.opcode.com)

Then there are programs like M (www.cycling74.com) which can use algorithms
to shuffle around your notes and rhythms.

I know, taking a computer onstage isn't easy (though i've done it).  And I
still wish for more realtime interactivity in the audio domain, like having
my sampler be more like a looper and less one-mode-ish.

Doug

---
Doug Wyatt                     Sonosphere - music and music software
doug@sonosphere.com            http://www.sonosphere.com/