Re: Why Looping is so popular with Guitarists??

At 09:36 AM 2/13/98 -0700, you wrote:

>David Kirkdorffer notes:
>
>> I think the reason you see so many guitarists associated with Looping is
>> simple - there are so many guitarists.

agreed

>I wonder how much one's instrument influences one's approach to looping.
>[If all you have is a Hamer, everything looks like a nail?  geddit? oof,
>sorry!]  And I wonder how much looping technology influences one's
>approach
>to looping.
        A great deal of truth in this for me.  I started looping with a
JamMan and find as I use /explore my EDP,I'm using it as a second JamMan.
I'm only slowly coming to terms with the real differences (other than
REVERSE and UNDO).  The music is starting to change as I grow into the
Echoplex.
        I find its great having both to work with, and running one loop to
the left and one to the right of the mix wihile soloing in the middle with
stereo ping-ponging delay keeps me delerious for hours.

Frank
Dreamchild