Re: immortals

imagine creaky voice:

"Those kids today, they're not makin' music! It's just noise! Nuttin' like
the things we did when I was a lad! Now, THAT was music, I tell ya!"

Seems to me my gradparent's parents said that about Sinatra and Bing Crosby
and Duke Ellington, my grandparent's generation said the same thing about
the 50's rock icons my parent's listened to, my parent's generation said
that about the late 60's/early 70's, my parents, grandparents and all the
baby boomers say it about the music I grew up listening to in the 80's and
90's.

Boy, I can't wait until I get old enough to act like my parents. I'm gonna
start practicing the wagging index finger now. Gotta get me a rocking
chair!
I'll be sittin out on the porch with a bottle of scotch, wagging my finger
at the youngsters, sayin with my ol' creaky voice: "You kids today don'
KNOW
from music. When I was your age, now we made some music! Nuthin' like this
junk today!"

With any luck, the kids will do the same thing kids have always done. Tell
me to go to hell, do it their own way, and crank it up!

kim

At 05:58 PM 2/16/98 -0500, Reginald Hunt wrote:
>At 01:38 PM 2/16/98 -0800, you wrote:
>>> Fripp (and Sinatra) will be remembered long after Snoop Doggy Dogg,
>Puff
>>
>>Fripp came from the same era that produced disco.
>>
>>Sinatra came from an era that produced a lot of forgettable music as
>well.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Paolo Valladolid
>
>Ditto for Hendrix and James Brown. Or the first Elvis. Who do we have in
>the
>Nineties like that? Not Beck.
>
>Reg

Kim Flint                       408-752-9284
Mpact Systems Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research              http://www.chromatic.com