Re: Frisell's Looping techniques

At 09:45 PM 2/17/98 -0600, you wrote:
>On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Randy Jones wrote:
>
>> What creates that pedal steel effect? Is it just the trans trem on the
>> Klein?
>
>He was getting that effect 15 years ago with a Gibson SG with no whammy.
>Just bending the neck... easy with an SG (i had a roommate who was
>constantly popping his SG neck off the guitar that way).  I kinda doubt
>he's bending the neck on a Klein, though, considering that it's carbon
>fiber.  Oh, and don't forget the volume pedal and delay!

that's funny, the neck on my klein looks like guatemalan rosewood.
although,
I don't expect I'll be bending many chords that way....not a guitar I want
to be breaking any time soon....:-)   Klein only uses the carbon fiber
necks
if you ask, and I don't think anybody does.

kim
Kim Flint                       408-752-9284
Mpact Systems Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research              http://www.chromatic.com