RE: RE: Jamman goes down during live performance.

At 02:13 PM 2/24/98 -0600, Liebig, Steuart A. wrote:
>Well,
>
>I'm a dinosaur and "grok," to me, refers to "Stranger in a Strange Land"
>by R. Heinlein  . . . and in true '70s speak, means to "get it" in a
>sort of total experience/gestalt kinda way.
>
>Hopelessly dated.

I'm not sure if I'm a dinosaur yet, but I read that book as a kid and
"grok"
has irreversibly had this meaning for me ever since. Interesting how the
word moved out of fiction and into common usage. I see it used all the
time,
in otherwise contemporary media. I'll add it to the official Looper's
Delight Dictionary so that we can avoid this confusion in the future. ;-)

kim
Kim Flint                       408-752-9284
Mpact Systems Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research              http://www.chromatic.com