Re: ring modulators

Hey,

I too searched the world for a ring modulator about 3 years ago and came
up almost blank.  I ended up building the kit version, as I'm pretty
good with electronics componants.  Don't waste you time.  It was so
noisy it was unusable.  However, I came across the Korg AX-30.  I LOVE
IT!  It's got a beautiful ring moduator (very quiet), as well as great
"fuzz face/big muff" style distortion.  It does decent pitch change and
the usual digital delay and reverb.  The big plus is that it has what
they call a pressure pad.  It acts as a continuous controller for any
perameter, including amout of mod and the carrier freq.  Although I use
a Digitech 2112 for most of my sound, I still keep the AX-30 around for
it's unique qualities.  I think it retails fo about $300.

Mark.

http://web.syr.edu/~msottila