Re: any torn concert reviews?

Paolo-

>> an odd shaped oud (flat,hollow,electric) and played for a couple
minutes with this and

>It kind of looked like an overgrown racquetball racket. :)
>
>But the tone was wonderful.

I dunno. The holy grail of tone in electric large bowled string
instruments (saz,oud,laouto,etc) has yet to match the complexity of the
acoustic ones. I think this partially because few people seem to care,
or treat them as guitars.
As an aside my girlfriend is picking up from a couple makers in Crete
and Athens an outi, a lyra, and a laouto.......Thank God for
multitracking.

>The improvisation on this electric oud was one of my favorite parts >of
the show.

Vey impressive.

I was thinking of Torn taking a tip from DJ Shadow (who would ask his
audience to bring any lp and he would mix it in)and give Torn any
stringed instrument....

selam,

buck