Re: slagging (was Re: Stick stuff)

At 06:42 PM 3/4/98 +0000, tbajus wrote:
>> he was the sort of player who exerts powerful anti-spouse forces on
>> the audience, causing serious relationship conflicts among all couples
>> present.
>
>Is there any other kind?  Of all of the stunningly beautiful, completely
>liberated, PhD toting, Kafka reading, sexually depraved women I have
>gone out with, I am hard pressed to find any musical common ground.

Ah. You must come to realize that this is all completely your problem and
you must adapt. My advice is: Learn to enjoy Tori Amos. When you can sit
through 6 Tori shows in a row without complaining, you will have attained a
higher level of relationship success. It's not too hard, you just have to
ignore the lyrics and take notice of the nice improvisational interplay she
has between piano and vocal melody. The light show is usually pretty good,
too. Once you have managed this, you will have some chance of convincing an
SO to attend concerts of your favorite avant-loop artist, and she might
even
pretend to enjoy it. Of course, if your girlfriend is a huge Yanni fan,
there may be no hope. Good luck,

kim

(if you think my relationship advice is worth anything, I've got some great
investment opportunities I'd like to discuss with you....)
Kim Flint                      408-752-9284
Mpact System Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research             http://www.chromatic.com