Re: cheeseheads/open letter to Torn (was: "I don't think she's very nice")

As a resident of San Diego, CA, I have to pipe in here...

The curse of our fair city is that it is viewed by outsiders as being
a sleepy little Navy town in the shadow of Los Angeles.  This despite
having hosted two Super Bowls, the Republican Convention, the annual
Comic Convention (comic books, that is, not guys/gals who stand up,
mic in hand and try to make you laugh) among other things including a
population well over the 2 million mark.

It is still my hope that the continued growth of the wireless
telecommunication industry led by Qualcomm and the high-tech industry
in general plus other possibilities such as a new ballpark for our
Padres baseball team, the entrance of SDSU into the PAC, etc. will
eventually lead to some kind of cultural renaissance as more and more
educated folks are attracted to our city.   And with this improved
cultural base, more quality artists such as Torn will hopefully make
a trip down here and enjoy our climate, fish tacos, etc. while playing
for us.

I must give Torn credit, though, for attempting to bring the Polytown
band down here until CMP messed up that tour.  Though I was disappointed
when I went to The Flash (the local venue where Polytown was scheduled to
play) to buy tickets and was turned away, I was still grateful Torn and Co.
at least thought of us.

Well, until then, more trips to LA I guess...

Cheers,

Paolo Valladolid