physical modeling

Hi , this isn`t exactly loopology , but I was wondering if any of you have
checked out
the Roland VG-8 or as similar "physical modeling" Devices  (like the
Johnson Millenium)??

When/if that technology takes off(price/availabitily/quality) I think that
will change the sounds off guitarplayers forever.  Imagine starting >from
scratch , without ANY preconcieved sound as a startingpoint.
I think this is KINDA along the lines of the future of
looping-thread.........To add to that thread:  I think the future of
looping lies in the hope that technology will be more accessible
and affordable. When the VG-8 and the Echoplex cost less than a new strat
I think more players are going to check them out........thus bringing
looping into less "weird" territories and
different styles. Lets face it: Us David Torn fans ain`t exactly a BIG
percent of the musicians
out there.

Yours , Thomas W