RE: Decent inexpensive reverbs?--Lexicon Reflex

Reflex Info
It's been a while since I worked on the Reflex but it's roughly
equivilent to a Lexicon  LXP 1 with a display. The system also has
better access to some of the underlying parameters than the LXP 1 from
the front panel when you go into a special "Advanced Programming Mode".
There were a few tweeks to the algorithms (early reflections and
randomizers) and program chaining and edit compare were added as well.
MIDI-wise, Reflex has virtually the same SysEx implementation as the LXP
1 as well as 5(?) programmable patches that can be made from continuous
controllers, Last MIDI note, Velocity, Aftertouch, pitchbend or tempo.
The patches are dynamically learned and are stored with user programs.

For the hardware tweekers out there, I also slipped a couple of TTL
toggle lines in there as well which can be controlled via MIDI
controllers (94 and 95 I think). There were a couple of unused control
lines so I figured I might find a use for them someday. Though the
Reflex only uses one footswitch, the circuit board is laid out for a
second jack. On my Reflex, I installed a jack, drilled out the panel and
use the power from the Reflex for an external homemade MIDI break out
box. I use the aforementioned control lines to select between 2
different MIDI inputs for the box. Other uses I thought might be
interesting are selecting between 2 audio inputs or outputs to amps,
etc... Anyone interested in messing with this could contact me at
bsellon@lexicon.com (put "Reflex" in the subject).

Bob Sellon
Lexicon/Stec