Re[2]: Smaller Speakers

David wrote...
I Have used the EONs (15") a few times with my electric and preamp plugged
directly in, as well as my guitar synth. I do like them a lot, and they
sound very clear. They do have a lot of bass in them too, although JBL does
offer a subwoofer that looks like the 15" EON. I never used the EONs with a
subwoofer, so I don't know the difference it makes. I plan on buying a pair
of 15" EONs this spring to replace my mono Peavey 6 channel powered mixer
and speakers. My only concern is that the EONs are plastic, so I do't know
how much abuse they can take- I hope JBL makes covers for them. Also, the
gray color is rather homely, I wish they were black. But they were the best
powered speakers I tried (my experience with 12" EV powered plastic
speakers
is that they were rather muddy).

I believe I just saw (maybe in the new Guitar Center mailing, but it could
be
Musician's friend) that the EON's were now available in BLACK! I believe
that
the roto-molded plastic cases are actually very strong. They will scuff up
though so covers would still be nice, That would probably keep the dust
where it
belongs as well.

I believe I'll have to get the budget in order to buy some EON 10's!

-Miko