Re: Light PAs, analog/digital recording/Thanks

Kim,
         I recently recieved an echoplex, and more recently, the
footcontroller.  Thanks for your input and work - I'm already hooked.
        Re: recording.  I've literally worn my old 4-track out.  I keep
hearing that digital recording is sterile compared to analog, but am
considering going to minidisc rather than a new cassette format for
recording live performance.  Anyone willing to share their experience?
        For a light PA that's clean, I use BOSE 802s.  JBL's 4722 series
have a 12" and horn, are heavier but with better high end and power
handling
(500 watts continuous).  BOTH systems are improved with a sub for larger
gigs - I use a single Peavy subcompact 15" sub; plenty for my little gigs,
but gives the cabs a lot more "breathing room" and presence.   I haven't
tried  or  heard the EV Sx-300 or 500 series or the JBL Eon stuff, but have
heard good reviews of both; and they're both light.

                                  Grover