New utility: LoopMetronome

Hello again. I'm not on the list at the moment (too many messages for
comfort), but I thought you might like to know about a little freeware
utility I've written that may come in handy.

It's called LoopMetronome (well?), and it shows you your position in a
long
loop using a "bouncing ball", and lets you set up and divide up loops any
way you like - e.g. 6 bars of 4/4, 2 bars of 7/8, and so on. I designed it
for standard practice as well as for loopers. You can enter a time in
seconds or tempo in BPM, and it does all the calculations required.

So, for example, you can set up your loop delay to 20 seconds, set
LoopMetronome to divide the time into 5 bars of 7/4, enter 20 seconds as
total time, and LoopMetronome sets up the tempo correctly (105 BPM). You
can then follow your position in the loop on screen and layer sounds etc.
as precisely as you want to.

I've put it on my web pages at
http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Lab/3242/loopmetronome.html. I'm
afraid it's quite big - 600k, and if you don't have any other Visual Basic
5 applications on your PC, you need to download another 1.2MB of "Visual
Basic 5 Runtime" files from www.shareware.com (link on the page).
(Microsoft gets part of the blame for that...)

If you try it, I'd appreciate any feedback you can supply...

Cheers,

Brian Thomson, London UK
bnt@ibm.net

"Knowledge of the spirit-world is to be obtained by divination;
information
in natural science may be sought by inductive reasoning; the laws of the
universe can be verified by mathematical calculation: but the dispositions
of an enemy are ascertainable through spies and spies alone."
 -- from Mei Yao-ch`en's commentary on Sun Tzu's "Art Of War"