? about looping technique...(short post)

I'm looking for a source guide to sampling and looping, something that
explains to me what all the information means and what it can all do.  The
more I study these two things the more I see that it was begun about 10-20
years ago.  Unfortunately, U.T.'s library seems to miss certain strands of
music completely.  They have electronic music guides, but they do not have
anything specifically about looping/sampling.  Any help on source guides
would be very appreciated.  Thank you.
Mjh