Re: jamperson features/Rang at Daddy's

Pete:
>Dr Hughes, great post.  How are things working with
>further experimentation?

Well, I just found that the fluorescently-labelled protein Avidin doesn't
undergo a dispersion in pH 9-10 solutions except for the funny collection
behaviour below 200kHz.... oh you mean the JamMan, right?  ;)

And it's Michael, not Dr Hughes!  The ,phd bit just needs to be there for
my job, that's all...

>I too have a problem with re-tapping when looping in echo mode.
>I get that nasty click too.

Like I say, I've only had this when changing loop limes using the
front-panel "divide-by" function.

I mean loop times.  Wonder what a loop lime tastes like?
How about loop kippers?  They tend to repeat on people...!

>But i have always had a couple problems trying this.
>First, if i turn JM's feedback up to 16 in delay mode
>before tapping in a "loop" time, it doesn't take long
>for the default 60msec delay time (or whatever it is)
>to generate a heck of a lot of noise just from a tiny
>amount of system noise building on itself.  Am i alone
>with this problem?

Yes and no.  To counter that I usually tap the delay time to a second or so
straight after startup to avoid that.  I also turn the guitar down.

>And as Dr. Hughes observed (to one's advantage in many
>situations), JM will then loop that delay.  So it isn't
>just the first time you play while tapping in the loop
>time (again, this is all in the echo mode), but is repeated
>back at you over and over.

This has been the most exciting bit for me - with 2 delays I find the sound
fills out enough to not require any more effects.

Michael

PS This may be out of date or whatever, but Daddie are advertising (along
with various Vortices) a Boomerang at about $130.  Utterly crazy.  go BUY,
people!!!