Re: Re: a whole lotta loop

Jimmy Page and echoplexes is kind of a funny backwards loop rock history
thing.  And it's cool that his name has come up here.

Page was prominent in resurrecting the echoplex for solo guitar work in the
late sixties.  We remember echoplexes in rockabilly, but that sound had
been
put on hold post Beach Boys and Beatles.  Page really took the original
tube
echoplex and turned it into a piece of dark psychadellia, by using it as
part
of his signature sound.  When we think of the great prominent British blues
inspired rock guitarists...Clapton, Page, Beck and Peter Greene, Page is
the
one you can't seperate from deep pools of delay.    (And for those who
want to
debate rock history, we put Gilmour in the seventies.)

We still like that that Page did that.  Hope he comes up with something
interesting with his new Echoplex.

Best,
the LoOpdOctOrs