Re: Quantity vs Quality

Dr. Hughes, PhuD. wrote:
>Our Man Flint discussed the benefits of the latest secret-agent gear:
>
>>The more expensive a band's gear is, the worse they are.
>
>Damn, you're right!  I never before realised how good Green Day are till
>you mentioned that...!

Actually, I've found them pretty entertaining sometimes. They seem to have
the rock band vibe figured out pretty well. Although, they also live in
really large houses now, and have gear that is not at all cheap, which
would explain them doing acoustic ballads on Mtv.

but punk is a good example of my principle. No unnecessary gear getting in
the way of the music. Just let all the attitude flow right out there in a
good cathartic thing. If Fripp let people stage dive, his shows would be
much better IMHO.

>>turns out to be true surprisingly often. It's either the weekend warrior
>>thing where they have a good day job, plenty of disposable income to buy
>>toys, and no time to practice, kids with rich parents and no particular
>>dedication to anything, or what we might call the
>>"guy-with-small-penis-and-really-fast-sports-car" syndrome.
>
>Now, who's going to own up to #3?  ;)  And bearing in mind your
>I-could-trade-this-lot-for-a-new-car, klein+EDP+boogie+Rocktron setup,
>where do you place yourself?

A few years ago I had an old aria pro 2 and a Nady Lightning amp (betcha
haven't seen one of those!), and I practiced endlessly. Since then, I've
been steadily sinking into weekend warrior land for the past few years,
which is depressing but damn it sure sounds better.

btw, I drive a honda civic, if anyone's curious about my position on #3. I
drive it really fast, though. ;-)

kim