Re: Birds in our trees

matthew hahn wrote:

> I woke up this scintillatin' morning out of terms with my stomach and
> cranium, due to the once happy embrace of last night's shindig.  I
>grabbed
> a grapefruit and went out to our back patio which overlooks trees, and
> terraces leading down to a creek (amusingly we own the river bed).
>
> I sat, started eating and then I noticed the birds were looping.

A few years ago, when I lived in inner-city Houston, I was neighbors
with a mockingbird whose major musical influence was car alarms.  Daily,
I would listen to the bird's uncanny imitations pouring over the Saabs,
BMWs, and my landlord's Sterling in the parking lot between me and the
Chinese restauraunt.  It was not uncommon for the vehicles to respond...

John
Troubador Tech (http://people.delphi.com/johnpollock/)