Re: Oberheim Drummer (was: Loopinh Ensembler)

Pat Murphy wrote:
>You can use any combination of the velocity, note density, and keyboard
>split features.<

 á Is it possible to let the MIDI clock in DRUMMER "float", (i.e. by
letting someone hit the "1" every bar or every quarter note etc)?
 á Does it allow any individual pattern & song  programming?

I suppose this could work with a sequencer triggering off separate sounds -
but I can't imagine any "looper" with real-time time-stretching (or
"time-adjusting") abilities in the near future. What a computational
pain-in-the-neck. But what could be interesting is to be able to have a
device that contains a bit of "intelligence" to be able to "think" a little
on its own. I guess this means being able to adapt to its auditive
surroundings (i.e. hearing) and responding as a good musician would/ is
supposed to. OK, let me reduce these pie-in-the-sky demands and try to
organize some more concrete questions:

GENERAL QUESTIONS:
 á Is an organic (ha ha, carbon-based with limited concentration) time-sync
possible without having loop machines getting all confused around the
boundary?
 á How long until *real-time* time-stretching & pitch-shifting becomes
affordable? Is this just a question of powerful DSP's dropping in price? Or
is this all available and I've simply missed the boat?
 á Is there any hardware out there with the capabilities of Sound Raider
for mixing and scrambling its own loops from given samples? Imagine if
Sound Raider was MIDI-compatible and a little more tweakable. Has anybody
else tried this software out?

Thanks in advance to anyone who's interested ... apologies to whomever
finds this boring ...
Rob