Re: Looper Wishlist

> >What if you could
> >replace elements in a loop based on dynamics? If you're silent, the loop
> >remains the same, if you play softly, the new material is mixed into the
> >background of the old, and if you play at full volume, the old material
>is
> >completely replaced by the new. I
>
>     Working with a compressor on the sum of live and looped sound has a
> similar effect in that the live sound pushes the loop out of the way (no
> completely), put when you stop playing the loop comes back.
>
>      __     _/\_
>     /  \___/    \______
>     \  Andy Wolpert    \__
>      | Sonic Solutions    \
>     /  awolpert@sonic.com /
>     |  (415) 893-8043    /
>      \___    __       ___/
>          \__/  \_____/

I've tried using this "ducking" effect on my Composer with the sidechain.
It's a
strange effect, but not one that really blew me away. Maybe I just didn't
find the
killer app. A little more interesting was to use a delayed signal on the
sidechain. By playing at the delay tempo you could use the gate to "bite"
off
parts of the dry (without delay) signal. Another effect I tried was to use
simple rhythm trigger (e.g.BD from drum machine) on the side chain. If you
put a
fairly droney texture loop through the main section, the rhythm pulses
could be
used to add gated swells to the drone.

I suppose these are all old tricks (they're described somewhat in the
Behringer
manual). Anyone else know some wild tricks with dynamic processors?

Rob

Attachment converted: shards o' data:vcard.vcf (TEXT/R*ch) (0000107F)