Re: speaking of early Torn

Pete Koniuto wrote:

> I think SURA was a Mark Nauseef record--not sure--but
> featured Torn, Trilok Gurtu, and Kamalesh Maitra on
> tabla tarang.
> Anyone know anything about this recording?

It's a Mark Nauseef album.  You can get more info at Nauseef's home
page, which he shares with Miroslav Tadic (another frequent Torn
collaborator):

http://shoko.calarts.edu/~snakes

Mark and Miroslav are making their recordings available over the Net, so
you might be able to order it direct from the artist.  You can e-mail
them at snakes@shoko.calarts.edu for more info.

The CMP catalog is also available via The Artist Shop at

http://www.artist-shop.com

Good luck.

--Andre