DC-Loop show

Well I managed to get out of the Rust belt for the weekend and saw
B.L.U.E. and the DC-Loop show.  They loop show was very fun, opening with
Paul Mimlitsch, and his partner, looping Chapman Stick and
drums/percussion.  The drummer was wild, dropping handfuls of drumsticks,
lots of chimes, bells etc. Paul was putting out some very nice meditative
stuff on the Stick.  Following up were Patrick Smith and his partner in
Fingerpaint - talk about G.A.S., these guys had 2+ massive racks of
stuff, both playing guitars and create a huge wall of sound, sound
sculpture. The third act Siobahn Canty did some very nice mellow pieces,
looping the female vocalist and some trumpet.  I'm not much of a
reviewer, but I did really enjoy the show and some of the work you guys
did stimulated some ideas for me.  Thanks Patrick for putting the show
together, glad I wandered down from Baltimore to see it.

Stew Benedict