SV: pedals!! (was: splitters)

>On the subject of pedaqls, does anyone find that FX pedals can just become
>a gimmick, and that the audience tire of hearing "there's that Ring
>Modulator again" on, say, a 2-hour Ambient looping set?

 I think most listeners (even us guitarists) don`t have a clue what the
music is played
through Though most guys like to think they do.). Furthermore , I dont
think ppl care. Thats why it`s such a hoot to blaze through a Rat when
soloing over that Leonard Cohen tune: I actually get away with it.... :-)

Thomas