The "DT and RF" approach to looping

Last week someone mentioned the "David Torn/Robert Fripp" approach to
looping.
David pointed out that he didn't actually share an approach to looping with
RF and I see his point; on the other hand when people have in the past (and
many have) referred to the "DT/RF" approach I've generally understood what
they meant.

So, to in some way explain what I think we mean when we use the phrase (and
to perhaps undo some offence), I think I've taken the DT/RF approach to
mean:

Take one adventurous improviser;
Plug into mondo FX;
plug them into a Looper;
plug that into more mondo FX.

As opposed to the "Bill Frizzell" approach (which started the debate) which
is:

Take one adventurous improviser;
plug into a looper.

Does this make sense?

Michael

 Dr. Michael P. Hughes, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK G12 8QQ
  "..man, the road must eventually lead to the whole world. Ain't
   nowhere else it can go - right?" - Jack Kerouac, "On The Road"
 www.elec.gla.ac.uk/~pycraft               m.hughes@elec.gla.ac.uk