Fw: a few vortex ?'s

Matt Rowe wrote:

>2) the link to "andy butler's vortex page" on the looper's delight page
>is dead.  is there any chance anyone has a copy of the presets there?
>i'm having absolutely no problems coming up with weird and inspiring
>patches for this thing, i'm just wondering what other people are using
>their vortecies for.

Andy had a very nice Vortex website.  I hope he starts it again, sometime
soon.

Here are the patches that I found on it in August 1997:

Name: Underwater
Algorithm:       13 - Shadow A
Mix:                          32
Output:                     64
Mod FX Level:         5
Echo FX Level:       64
Morph A/B:             Any
Envelope:                 5
Echo 1:                     1
Echo 2:                     4
Feedback 1:            53
Feedback 2:            10
Rate 1:                       2
Depth 1:                   62
Resonance 1:          64
Rate 2:                      46
Depth 2:                    50
Resonance 2:           63
Created by:  Andy Butler
Comments:  Tape echo broken up into 4 time stereo, plus synth noises in the
background. (Mod FX Level to make them louder.)

Name: Background wash
Algorithm:                 15 - Bleen A
Mix:                            42
Output:                       64
Mod FX Level:          64
Echo FX Level:         64
Morph A/B:                Any
Envelope:                  1
Echo 1:                      1
Echo 2:                      1
Feedback 1:             38
Feedback 2:             1
Rate 1:                       2
Depth 1:                    64
Resonance 1:           62
Rate 2:                        3
Depth 2:                    64
Resonance 2:           64
Created by:  Andy Butler
Comments:  Flutter echoes produced by the resonator.  RES 1 controls their
regeneration.  ENVELOPE will pitch shift them.

Name: Autowah
Algorithm:                12 - Sweep A
Mix:                           32
Output:                      64
Mod FX Level:         64
Echo FX Level:         1
Morph A/B:               Any
Envelope:                 36
Echo 1:                     Any
Echo 2:                     Any
Feedback 1:            Any
Feedback 2:             Any
Rate 1:                       2
Depth 1:                    37
Resonance 1:           50
Rate 2:                      Any
Depth 2:                    1
Resonance 2:            50
Created by:  Andy Butler
Comments:  Set RATE 1 to 1 when the best wah occurs.

Name: Roaring
Algorithm:                  6 - Mosaic B
Mix:                             64
Output:                        64
Mod FX Level:           16
Echo FX Level:          64
Morph A/B:                 Any
Envelope:                   1
Echo 1:                       5
Echo 2:                       5
Feedback 1:              24
Feedback 2:              21
Rate 1:                        55
Depth 1:                      42
Resonance 1:             60
Rate 2:                        58
Depth 2:                      61
Resonance 2:             62
Created by:  Andy Butler
Comments:  Kind of organic-industrial.  Good on simple rhythms.

Name: Mobius
Algorithm:                 2 - Atmosphere B    9 - Deja Vu B
Mix:                           64                               64
Output:                      64                               64
Mod FX Level:         64                               64
Echo FX Level:        64                               64
Morph A/B:               20                               50
Envelope:                  2                                  1
Echo 1:                      3                                  3
Echo 2:                      4                                  4
Feedback 1:             61                               64
Feedback 2:              1                                  3
Rate 1:                        3                                13
Depth 1:                    33                                33
Resonance 1:           45                                45
Rate 2:                       24                               24
Depth 2:                     16                               55
Resonance 2:             2                                64
Created by:  Andy Butler
Comments:  Build up a polyrhythmic loop then the morph re-orders it into a
7/8 twisted loop which gradually decomposes.

Name: ?
Algorithm:                 Mosaic A                   Mosaic B
Mix:                           64                                64
Output:                      64                                64
Mod FX Level:         64                                64
Echo FX Level:        12                                 5
Morph A/B:               22                                64
Envelope:                  16                                 1
Echo 1:                      4                                  16
Echo 2:                      6                                   16
Feedback 1:             30                                 28
Feedback 2:             30                                 28
Rate 1:                       41                                22
Depth 1:                     64                                57
Resonance 1:            64                                1
Rate 2:                       19                                12
Depth 2:                     30                                34
Resonance 2:            7                                  64
Created by:  Mark Kata
Comments:  Pedal controls morph.  One side of the morph includes sine wave
feedback that almost obliterates the input signal.

I hope you find these patches useful.

Also, you may want to check the e-mail archives on Loopers-Delight.
Occasionally, loopers submitted Vortex patches.

Mark Kata
Mark@asisoftware.com