Sick Jamman ,HELP!!!!

Hi y`all!   I got a gig on wednesday and my jamman has gotten ill.
I REALLY need advice on what to do.  Here goes:

When I plug in the powersupply the led shows  18+  for a second or two.
Then
It goes blank and the machine shuts down. This is not due to the
powersuppl itself , I checked with the vortex  p.supply and it did the
same thing. When this had gone on for a while I decided to let the Jamman
(now a jamInfant) rest , unplugged the patchcables and continued to work
with the Vortex.

 After about 15-20 minutes the Jamman miraculously turned itself on(!). I
had left the
powersupply in the whole time on now the thing seemed to work. I hooked up
the patch cables and played through the JamDude again. The sound that came
out was very distorted
(i think you`d call it digital clipping). It sounded like Nine Inch Nails
and I actually liked it. But we all know its not supposed to be a
distortion unit so I got really worried. I turned the MIX knob all the way
down and kept playing. Now the straight guitarsignal  sounded fine. Then ,
after a few more minutes of this everything worked again. I played for
maybe an hour or two.
Then the problems returned and the whole cycle started over again.

All this might be brought on by one particular change in the Jamdude`s
life. Just before I hooked up the boys (Jamman and Vortex) and tried to
play I  put them in a 2 unit rackbag from Rocktron.  This bag was a bit
too small , the "roof and floor" were leaning slightly inwards , making it
necesary for me to use force to fit the two processors to the screwholes.

Could this have made them "overheat" in some way ???

Another thing I can think of is that the night before I rehearsed with a
band and things got a bit loud. Could this result in a fuse blowing??  (Im
way out of my league here , only guessing..)

Anyway , I hope you fine ppl can help me , I really need it.

Yours , Thomas