Re: Sure - you've heard it all before

Steve said...
>I get a message telling me I'm low on
>memory!  As I have 56MB RAM, I find this very hard to believe -
especially
>as I've had no similar problem with Cubase 1.5.
>
>Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to fix this, or do I really
need
>100+ megabytes to do everything?

How much free space do you have on your hard drive(s)?  When was the
last time either Scandisk or Defrag were run on the drive(s)?  What is
the size of the cache on your motherboard?

Add up the total MB of the collective WAV files, and figure the size
of a file made the length the result would be; add that resultant
filesize to the above total.  If you don't have THAT amount of space
free, you're going to get caching errors or page errors of some kind,
inevitably.  All the cache systems used by sound file editors will
tend to have requirements along the lines of the above.

More on scandisk and defrag as needed, I would suppose.

Stephen Goodman  * It's... The Loop Of The Week (this week, Phil
Hartman)!
EarthLight Studios    * http://www.earthlight.net/Studios