SV: Gear talk...(Import warning)

Hello all,

Well, I don't know about other peoples experiences with importing stuff
(like the echoplex) from the US. But I sure ended up with a FAT bill, that
I hadn't counted on.

The shipping was going to cost me about US$180 (UPS). That's a whole lot of
money, so I thought that that would include just about everything, as far
as the shipping went.

After enjoying my echoplex for about a mounth, I got another bill from UPS.
US$290!!! (calculated from Swedish money) Import taxes. I guess I should
have done some researching on these thing before making the purchase. So
Jamie, look these thing up first.

Have the same things happened to you other europeans who got your
echoplexes from the states? Or is it just the swedish government who are
greedy? Woehni, you are norweigan, aren't you? Did you have to pay this
much tax?

Loop on,
Mattias