Looping in London [UK]; and Tapped delay pedals?

Hi

<parochial mode>
For those in the London area: this Friday lunchtime (31st July, 12-2pm) I
will be looping guitars etc in the Entrance Hall of the British Library's
new building in Euston Road, NW1. It'll be pretty ambient - its a
*library*, after all - but it'll give people a chance to see what the
nation's spent its money on (the building - not me, obviously)
Further details, a map and WAVs @ <http://subnet.virtual-pc.com/~or387751>
</parochial mode>

I don't know if anyone answered Lee Wordsman's Zoom 508 question:

>Can you use the seamless patch change on the zoom to change from a 4
>second delay on hold to a three second delay (with say 99% feedback) so
>that you have two loops of different length evolving against each
>other?

Briefly - "yes". The seamless patch change lets you decide whether you
want
a patch to fade out after 3 or so repeats, or use the infinity setting to
have it continue on until you switch to a third patch. So a 4" against 3"
is do-able. Another tapped delay feature not mentioned is the rhythmic
patterns that can be set-up using the 4 or 6 tap options. Not a tap-tempo
thing, one of those bouncing-off-the-walls-at-funny-angles jobs. Sort of
thing the Edge used quite a bit at one stage, as I recall (though not with
the 508).

Cheers

David