Re: Eavesdropping on Mars

Michael-

Thanks for passing this information on... Makes me proud to be a
resident of Boomtown.  Pasadena definately has an interesting stellar
corporate culture and I hadn't heard about this part of next lander.
Will talk to a couple people at JPL and find out more details and pass
them on...

selam,

Buck

>The next NASA lander will carry a very small listening device to
capture what
>sounds might exist on Mars.  This is the first microphone sent to
another
>planet. The device was built at the University of California's Space
Sciences
>Laboratory for about $50,000 (USD).  It is the creation of the
Planetary
>Society, a nonprofit space advocacy group once led by Carl Sagan.
Engineers