Re: Boomerang

Kim Flint wrote:

>  So I guess I still don't understand
> why it is you think the echoplex is too complicated to perform with. Do
>you
> have something more specific? What is it that confuses you? That was my
> question, and you didn't really answer it.

Here's my idea of the 'rang's simplicity (I am not the original poster):

The Boomerang fits perfectly into my stage/jam set-up because it is a
floor pedal
with no rack associations. This is a simpler arrangement for me because my
current
signal processing set-up is 100% pedal based. It goes guitar>pedalboard
(w/boomerang)>amp. Set-up involves
plugging in AC, guitar into board, board into amp. GO.

Meanwhile the JamMan (which I also own) and the Echoplex (which I hope to
own)
involve an additional 'section' of signal routing, set-up, and another
place to
focus your attention (if only occasionally), that is, the rack. Rack units
really
should be installed in a rack case. For a while I just set the JamMan on
top of my
amp, but
that was a little risky. Now I've got a rack case with BBE preamp, Vortex,
JamMan.
It's tidy and has a great vocabulary, but my pedalboard produces my
trademark
tones in a way that allows for more spontaneous control, and sometimes
lack of
control. I'm not happy without it!
The entire Boomerang's contents fit into my vision when I cast my sight
down to
where my pedals are. That's all.

All these units were very well designed. Each inspired new ideas very
easily when
I was introduced to them.

If the Echoplex DP could be presented in a floor unit like the Boomerang,
I would
have waited and saved the extra money for it (I was offered the 'rang at a
price I
couldn't refuse!). But this may place limitations on the EDP's more sublime
features. Also its in-depth degree of tweakability is right in line with
the rack
format and all the powerful processors that it could be mated with
(G-Force,
etc.).

Still, though it seems unlikely, I have to ask...

Kim, what do you think of a 100% floor based EDP?
What would it be like? Would anything have to be sacrificed to fit it in a
Boomerang-sized case?

-eric