Re: Re[2]: Boomerang/EDP different layout

At 2:02 PM -0700 8/11/98, Thomas W¿hni wrote:
>Mike wrote:
>
>>     I'm getting tired of all yoose musician's believing that all of
>these
>>     tools should be designed just for you!
>>
>>     What about us non-musicians and audience members? I want super large
>>     LCD readouts so I can read along and stay up to speed wit wutsup in
>>     your rig... Talk about musician-centric...
>>
>>     -mb

>-------------------------------
>
>Mike raises an interesting point. We`ve all been terribly impressed with
>the flashing
>racktuners that lights up at every note. I love that. How about a a big
>display that
>tells us what cord is being played , or where the guitarist stole that
>lick.
>You could call it "The LickDetector" and market it as "the Originality
>test"........
>I can already hear guitarist go. "yeah man , I scored tops on the
>LickDetector test. Only a coupla Hendrix licks snuck in , but they were
>all impressed........"
>
>Yours , Thomas

the LickDetector could have lot's of interesting uses, not to mention
rhyming possibilities...

I remember seeing the Mermen once, and Jim Thomas had this huge rack full
of all sorts of weird crap that was blinking and flashing. Looked really
cool! I was pretty sure most of it was just there for the LEDs. I was
inspired.

I've been planning to put a TV in my rack for years. I figure that will
help most people relate better to my music, make them feel more like
they're at home. :-)

kim