Re: POWER (was:FNV-RIAA IS CRACKING DOWN)

>TV isn't open to everyone (unless you have easy access to public tv and
>the
>wherewithal to take the classes and sign up for the times to work on your
>show
>and air it), and neither is the internet, since you can't just hook up,
>you
>have to have a computer, you have to go through some sort of provider... I
>don't know if the internet is going to have the impact that TV does, until
>it's in as many households as TVs are.
>
>Last figures I heard were 90% of all households had TV's , but only 81%
>had
>telephones.... I think computers are way down on the list.

You are absolutely right about that Bill , I didn`t express my idea well
enough. What I was trying to say is that the Net is (in effect) free of
censorship. And free of commercial issues
since those who make web-pages don`t have to sell them in order to be able
to maintain them(Like TV or papers). Anyone can get a webpage at
geocities(or similar) and express themselves. This is something new , I
think.

So , if you are able to get many people to see your page (via some search
engine) then
you can reach many many people all over the world. For free , with no
strings attached.

To me this seems like something to ponder........:-)

Yours , Thomas