Re: Sampling-dilemma (no solution offered here).

> But Purdy isn't gonna get your sample clearence money ,and neither is
>Brown
>probably. It's going to go into the pocket of some publishing fat cat. I'd
>like to at least be able to give the artists I sample credit, but if I
>did it
>would be a big red flag saying "sue me".

You are right about this. I hadn`t really considered that fact , sorry.
But I do feel that
the principle of my argument still applies. That if you don`t wanna pay
for it you should find an alternate route. And while chopping the beat up
and rendering it "inrecognizable" is a
valid way. Of course , you`d no longer have a funky beat like "funky
Drummer" but you`d be on your way to something........how about slowing
down/chopping up a jungle-beat to create a funky drummer type thang? These
are better alternatives (in my book) than using funky drummer as is.

Yours , Thomas