Re: Jamman acting too crazy..

  We had a similar problem with one of our JamMen.  When we plugged it in
and soundchecked it was fine, but by the time settime rolled around, the
pedals wouldn't work and the buttons on the front panel were frozzen.  We
sent it to Lexicon, (Greg was very very helpful) and they replaced
switches.
We still had the problem, although only when connected to the mixer (a
Mackie 1202VLZ) So we sent the mixer back to Mackie after having the
electrician check the current in the rehearsal space (which was fine with
all the gear up and running).  We replaced all the cables to the pedals and
when we got the mixer back, (Mackie found no problems) we hooked everything
up and it works fine.
         So, I have no idea what was actually causing the problem.  We
tried
using the other Jamman in similar circumstances and it only failed when
hooked up to the Mackie, and when the failing JamMan was hooked up to the
other good Macie, it was fine.  We switched cables and footswithes galore .
My guess is there must have been a bad cord somewhere, but that's only a
guess.
        Both JamMen and Mackies work fine now, although the reset button on
the footswith to mine is dead.  Good luck sorting this out.  I'd talk to
Greg and let them look at it.  They're very thorough and very helpful.

Frank Gerace
Dreamchild