Re: EDP : error

At 4:58 AM -0700 9/13/98, Serge Devadder wrote:

>to ship me an EDP from the States. However,  the recent posts
>on faulty EDP memory and erratic behaviour are keeping me from
>buying this thing. I sometimes get the impression the EDP is a
>prototype gizmo soldered togeteher in some garage...

I think you should remember the basic nature of the internet, where a large
number of people who are perfectly satisfied will not post anything about
that, and a very small number who are unhappy can make a lot of noise. The
people complaining typically appear to be a much larger group than they
are. I think that is the case here. Oberheim has sold a lot of echoplexes
that are out there working just fine.

And as was carefully noted here by Oberheim, the "faulty EDP memory" is
almost always bad simms or user installation problems, not the echoplex.
The echoplex's memory circuits have always proved to be extremely reliable.
A few uninformed internet posts to the contrary, and this incorrect
perception is created and apparently has stuck. frustrating...

kim