Gibson/Steinberger/Oberheim

Geez, and all the Steinie advertisements were nearly enticing me to buy
one of those transtrem guitars.  Now I have second thoughts (especially
since I found a handmade in the u.s.a. kinda guitar thingie before I was
able to get to my local Steinie dealer).

I see a lot of these guitar monopolies want to get into technology, but
the persistent layoffs and lack of advertising smarts bothers me.  I
saw perhaps one ad for the echoplex since it was introduced and they
really could have pushed it.

On the other hand, you see tons of ads for the dod/digitech stuff and
they don't have anything remotely similar.