Re: Gibson/Steinberger/Oberheim

In a message dated 9/14/98 6:58:54 AM, pycraft@elec.gla.ac.uk writes:

>I know this is off-topic, but it's on a subject close to the hearts of
>many here - how will Steinberger's demise affect Klein, with their
>dependence on Steinberger for trems and nuts?

He has always been able to obtain parts, even during periods where
Steinberger
was dormant. He gets them thru Gibson, and (I guess) pays a licensing fee
use them. I am sure he would be able to go directly to the manufacturer to
obtain parts. At the very worst, I know he has been looking into building
these parts himself for several years, if they became unavailable it would
provide an impetus to do so.

Of course, we can just ask him.....

Marshall