Re: Home Studio

(blush) i meant MiniDisc.  ahem.

The D/A A/D converters in many of the new models are fabulous...  even
though my Sony MZR50 has some noise and is compression based I find it's
output sweeter by far than my Mac's builtin 16bit44k sound and very similar
to the high-q outs of my audiomedia card (which should be about the best
16bit sound around.)

Also I can use the MD to capture and store unlimited length seamless
loops...  I used a 55 sec loop of enviornmental sounds in a performance
over the weekend, actually.

All this might make it the perfect looper's companion.

/robb monn -- robm@nytimes.com  |