Re: groovesamplers

At 02.43 17/09/98 -0300, you wrote:
>I wonder which samplers play best with which looper.
>
>I changed my mind and would like to take a HD full of drum loops (sampled
>from african and southamerican drum bands!) on stage to create some
>"dancing ambient" improvised popular instrumental music :-)
>
>So I imagine, the sampler should be able to keep looping those samples at
>their full lengh and send a sync to the looper each time the sample
>reaches
>the end. Is that possible?

Hi Matthias

I think any good sampler with a seq (internale or dedicated device) should
do the work.

the seq should sync the sampler AND the looper to the same bar lenght. In
this way you could play your loops
over perfectly synchronized sampled grooves.

>for
>Or do you loop the samples in the looper? Its what I do now, from CD

Knowing how a good seq can be rock solid about time (and having sadly
experienced sample drifting due to bad sync) I don't think this approach is
quite accurate.
all the latest sampler seem to have good sequencing capabilities inside. go
for it...

ciao
leo