Re: Equiptment...Layla

Matthew Pierce wrote:

> With regard to Layla:
>
> As far as their untimely announcements I only heard about this much
>later so it
> didn't bother me as I wasn't waiting for one, but I must say that Event
>has set
> a new industry precedent; get the hype going by announcing the product
>and then
> don't release it right away...what is this a new marketing strategy? I
>must say
> though, for all this b.s. they have a solid product.

I think this new profusion of vaporware (MOTU 2408, Mackie D8B,
etc.) is to be expected, as these products become more complex,
interact in complex ways with other equipment, and especially
when hooked up to a PC.  I heard a rumor that the major reason
for the 2408 shipping delay was for writing the PC drivers.
Personally, I try not to depend on manufacturer shipping dates,
but do like to know of new things ahead of time.  Sometimes
it is worth waiting a while for a better product.

Jim