RE: Recordings

>  thereby stripping it of any sense of
> >danger or threat, and totally subverting it away from the youth culture
> that
> >created it . . . turning it into yet another homogenized bit of
>corporate
> >culture. IMHO.
> >

> >        Color me pessimstic . . .
>

> I dunno, maybe it's that some cool musicians are infiltrating the music
> industry. Maybe the subversion runs both ways? The Volkswagen add
>curently
> running is probably the most ears the Orb have reached thus far.

> Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

        Hey Dave,

        Yes, this occurs to me as well. I think that subversion CAN cut
both
ways. To me, however, it usually comes down to the corporate folk using
things as the current flavor/window-dressing for their necessary
adverstising uses (and they "do" need to advertise. As opposed to some
people who are creating the stuff because they "need to"  . . . I just
remember the days about 8(?) years ago when the new sound in advertising
was
fake U2-style guitar music.

        The other deal about subversion from the other side (rather than
the
mercantile side) is this (got this from a PolySci teacher): It's the Golden
Rule - - you take their gold, you follow their rules.

        Musically, I think that the stuff sounds good . . . as I said I'm a
pessimist about this sort of thing tho' . . .

        stig