Free improvin' Monkey Kids

><< Why not let a bunch of kids jump on your instruments?

on the rare occasions i get some time to practice, my two year old son
Jasper likes to sit quietly and listen to dad play what he calls the "green
'tar" (my green klein).   sometimes i'll let him sit in front of my
pedalboard and throw switches and play with the controllers to randomly
jump from sound to sound.  the sight of him sitting on my ernie ball volume
pedal and rocking back and forth with a big grin on his face usually
reduces me to fits of hysterical laughter.

my favorite practical application of chaos.

"Public media should not contain explicit or implied descriptions of
  sex acts. Our society should be purged of the perverts who provide the
  media with pornographic material while pretending it has some redeeming
  social value under the public's 'right to know'."
    --Kenneth Starr, "Sixty Minutes" (1987)