GR-30 and Guitar Craft Tuning

Not "loop specific", but I'm certain there are other guitarists on this
alias using a Roland GR-30 Guitar Synth (or maybe a VG-8, or other synth
with a hex pickup) with a guitar tuned with the "new standard tuning"
used in Guitar Craft.

When I drop the bass string to a C, the GR-30 has a real difficult time
figuring out the frequency of the string.  It'll jump back and forth
from the low C to any number of frequencies that it picks up from the
harmonics.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Any suggestions or
resolutions?

Thanks,
Greg