EDP memory

Greetings fellow Earthlings,

I was planning on joining the EDP "group buy" extravaganza, but located a
used EDP with a full complement of memory and footcontroller for a better
price.

I just got the EDP yesterday, but the 4X4meg simms were not yet loaded. I
swapped in the 4 meg simms but when I powered up, instead of seeing "198"
for loop time, I saw "66.1". I reseated the simms, but still"66.1". Hmmm,
shouldn't this be "198". I'm a bit confused...

The memory is something generic that the previous owner bought from PC Zone
and didn't install. According to his research, these should be fine.

Any suggestions?

Looking forward to moving on from JamMan-ing to EDPdom, Rico