Re: Hohner/Steiny Copy question...

Neato writes...

"i heard steinberger  via gibson was no more...
-so the moral of the story...great knock around guitar capable of some real
flexibility but beware those machined parts cause they will go and parts
will be hard to replace
cheers
if anyone knows different, please let me know"

I don't know what the status of Steinberger is at Gibson right now, but you
might want to give Lorenzo at Klein Electric Guitars a buzz...(he has a
website)...  See if he can set you up with a Steinberger trem.  He's
personaly
addressed the issue of Steinberger quality control...and has no doubt seen
more worn Steinberger trems then most humans.  He replaced my trem unit
free
of charge after I wore it out with about five years of use and abuse.

Incidentally, I think one point should be made...when working properly,
even
the plain vanilla Steinberger trem and tuning system is a fantastic
invention.

-Kevin