Re: Teo Macero "Modulations" Interview online

macero did a great job on Miles records and with some others artist, but
clearly he's going nut...

mostly for his anti-sampler statements... basically he was doing the same
stuff, with some other tools.

I've seen  often  this kind of reaction ("we made true music... today it's
all only shit") in older musician, great ones too, not been able to
reinvent
their talent during the years. I think it's a normal, "aggressive" reaction
to feeling surpassed from other younger people, new technology, new ideas,
ecc.

By the way, Macero was a great genius for his era. I have huge respect for
its work and contribution. Silly statements apart.

ciao
leo