and it was only $550

I have to say what an awesome piece of equipment the new
Echoplex is.  A bass player friend and myself have gotten one each and
have
them brother linked.  My rig includes  A LOT of percussion (marimbas,
gamelan instruments, drum-set etc. drumKat) and his includes guitars,
basses, Moog Tarus, casio keyboards...  We run lives mics and inputs
through a Mackie 1404 board and into the echoplexes (echolpy?). We then
run
the echolpexes back through
The board and into monitors, main, and a portable DAT.  We are only
scratching the surface of what is possible with this arrangement. If
anyone
is interested I have posted some mp3's of this last weekend's jam on the
net:

ftp://ftp2.harmonixmusic.com/mp3

These are LIVE recordings with just the two of us (!) Pretty soon it will
be possible to create music completely devoid of any human contact....

Andy McGraw
Harmonix Music Systems, INC.
Cambridge, MA
www.harmonixmusic.com